Wednesday, February 27, 2008

3- Here We Go, Hold On Tight and Don't Let Go

It stopped snowing minutes ago and I'm thankful. I don't know how much more of the snowy onslaught I could've endured. Today is one of those days where just about nothing makes sense. I feel like I'm barely a person lately: stripped of my self-esteem, my focus, my wit; devoid of stories to tell, of things to love and of small victories. Sure, I still have the broad strokes in front of me. I still know what I want to achieve and I still have the ambition necessary to get there. But the lines I'd drawn in the sand to lead me to that goal have been erased. The fall is coming so quickly and I'm not sure how I'll manage to have all of my shit together by then. I'm a terrible mess. I want to leave and cut myself off from all that is familiar. I hate to be buying into that age-old 'finding yourself' cliché, but I certainly have trouble locating myself in any semblance of a coherent way lately. There's no purpose or mystery to anything I do and this discourse is redundant. Oh, shush already.

No comments: