Tuesday, October 21, 2008

congratulations on the mess you made of things

It's nearly 6am and I am in Boston. I spent the day here yesterday, though it was an odd one. Walked around the Harvard and MIT campuses, saw a movie, chased train tracks. I barely slept. It was warm enough for me to forego the sleeping bag, but I never could find a comfortable position. This is something I must somehow remedy, and sooner rather than later. I think I'm a bit hungry.

People here make me feel dumb for using the Courier font and for knowing very little about AIDS in sub-saharan African. At least I don't wear purple dress shirts with navy blue ties. Fucker.

I'm debating whether to recline it out until the sun rises or simply hit the road right now. Boston is nice but I feel like I should keep going. Why is that? What is it that's dragging me along? What am I chasing? What do I expect/hope to find?

I did find a cheap pair of checkered Airwalk slip-ons at Payless here yesterday, but I didn't get them. Maybe I should wait til the store opens and go buy them. These Eras are falling apart. I should also invest in some wool socks.

Things I learnt today/yesterday:

- F1 grade car wax makes my car look shiny again
- everybody in this city is smarter than I am
- everybody in this city has more ambition, drive and potential than i will ever have
- rachel getting married is a really good movie
- in my memories, cities are sparsely populated, the roads are devoid of cars/traffic and every street is a narrow one
- i have very little will to purchase things when i can't immediately use them

word of the day: 

ah fuck it, my battery is nearly dead.. no time for word of the day.

peace.


1 comment:

Fräulein Eberg said...

Word of the day: Wormhole. As in: a hypothetical structure of space-time envisioned as a long thin tunnel connecting points that are separated in space and time.